Maid of the Mist
Water rushes all around as you "soak" in the excitement and explore the roar of the Falls. An historical ride aboard the world-famous Maid of the Mist is a half-hour thrill of a lifetime! North America's oldest tourist attraction, millions of visitors have enjoyed the boat tours since 1846. The entrance for Canadian departures for Maid of the Mist is at 5920 Niagara Parkway, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. This is at the north end of Queen Victoria Park, close to the Rainbow Bridge and Oakes Garden Theatre at the foot of the Clifton Hill tourist area.
- A powerful diesel-engined boat will take you from the Canadian docks past the base of the American Falls, then into the basin of the magnificent Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
- Two 600-passenger boats, Maids VI and VII, are each 80-feet long and have two 350-horsepower engines that carry the vessels against the powerful current.
- A recyclable souvenir raincoat is provided free with admission to help keep you dry from the mist and spray.
- The Maid of the Mist Steamship Company is privately owned and leases the land for its Canadian operations from The Niagara Parks Commission.
- Steamship departures from the Canadian side of the Niagara River are located at the Maid of the Mist Plaza. Previously the location of the Princess Elizabeth Building , the Plaza was built in 1991 and is unique in that it is set into the gorge wall, with all buildings below ground level.
- The large brown stone tower, covered in split brick mosaic carvings of vines, houses four high-speed elevators that take passengers down to the docks at the river’s edge. Taking a few steps up to the top of the tower provides a wonderful panoramic view of Niagara Falls and it is a very popular location for photographers.
$19.75 Adults (13+ years), $12.65 Children (6 to 12 years). Children 5 and under are FREE! Prices include applicable taxes. Save over 30% with the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass.
Shopping and Dining at Maid of the Mist Plaza
End your boat tour at our Maid of the Mist plaza, featuring several dining and shopping options. A quick-serve food outlet offers tasty snack items and beverages. Don't forget to check out the fun shopping in this unique plaza, set right into the gorge wall.
Enjoy live daily entertainment throughout the summer months.