October 13, 2019
Queenston Heights Park, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Commemoration at Brock’s Monument
The Friends of Fort George
at Queenston Heights
The Friends of Fort George will celebrate the 207th anniversary of the Battle of Queenston Heights with tours and presentations at Brock’s Monument located at Queenston Heights Park.
Brock’s monument was built in 1853. It was designed by William Thomas in a Neoclassical design. Made of Queenston limestone, the monument features a 16-foot statue of Major General Sir Isaac Brock who was killed in the Battle of Queenston Heights in October 1812. He was considered the founding hero of Upper Canada. The monument was opened to the public in 1859.
The Friends of Fort George will commemorate the 160th anniversary of the monument and celebrate Brock’s 250th birthday.
The Friends of Fort George Schedule
Tickets are $4.50/adult and $3.50/youth. Reservations are not required.
- 10:00 am – Brock’s Monument opens to the public
- 11:00 am – Guided tour of the Battle site with our Heritage Interpreters
- 1:00 pm – Guided tour of the Battle site with our Heritage Interpreters
- 2:00 pm – Featured talk with Ron Dale on Brock’s Monument
- 3:30 pm – Guided tour of the Battle site with our Heritage Interpreters
- 5:00 pm – Site closes