Browse through these sections to discover what to see and do during your stay.
See something that interests you, but need more information? Contact our Travel Media Relations Coordinator for recommendations, story development and itinerary planning.
Niagara Parks features some of Canada’s most desired natural sights and travel destinations, and Niagara Parks Attractions showcase these through classic experiences, beloved by generations of explorers for more than 130 years. Whether you’re standing in awe under the roar of the falls or soaring over a rushing whirlpool, our iconic Canadian experiences always show you something new.
- Venture deep below and behind the heart of Niagara at Journey Behind the Falls, a Canadian Signature Experience
- Walk along the very edge of one of the world’s wildest stretches of whitewater at White Water Walk
- Soar over the Niagara River and cross the international border line a total of four times aboard our 100-year-old Whirlpool Aero Car
- Sail as close as possible to the magnificent Niagara Falls with Hornblower Niagara Cruises, the official supplier to Niagara Parks, providing Canada’s only Niagara Falls boat tour experience
- Experience high-adrenaline aerial adventures while you discovering the wonder of Niagara with WildPlay Niagara Falls, the official supplier to Niagara Parks, providing both the Mistrider Zipline to the Falls and Whirlpool Adventure Course
Savour a taste of Niagara with our five Feast On certified restaurants on the Niagara Parkway. Feast On, a program by the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance, certifies restaurants that are champions of Ontario food and drink. Enjoy seasonal menu items, Niagara VQA wines and Ontario craft beers at Elements on the Falls, Queen Victoria Place Restaurant, Queenston Heights Restaurant, Legends on the Niagara or Whirlpool Restaurant.
- Feast On with locally-sourced menus from Niagara Parks Culinary
- Explore the fresh tastes of the Niagara region and support local culinary talent at the annual Apprentice Cooks & Chefs Showcase Dinner
- Visit the Sip, Sizzle & Savour Harvest BBQ to enjoy a selection of incredible creations from Niagara Parks Culinary paired with select VQA wine, spirit and beer tastings
- Discover all the beauty, nature, flavour and culture that is rooted in Niagara with the annual Nuit Vert: Dinner Under the Canopy dining experience
The dramatic landscapes of the Niagara Peninsula are brilliantly highlighted in the stunning designs of our championship courses at Whirlpool Golf Course and Legends on the Niagara. Dramatically situated next to the mighty Niagara Whirlpool or bordering the historic grounds of the 1814 Battle of Chippawa, Niagara Parks Golf courses feature challenging designs by renowned golf architects.
- Golf alongside the historic grounds of the 1814 Battle of Chippawa at Legends on the Niagara
- Play a round at Whirlpool Golf Course, one of the last courses built by Stanley Thompson
- Explore grow the game initiatives with Niagara Parks Golf Academy, junior camps and the Whirlpool Amateur Tournament
- Learn more about the Audubon Environmental Certification of our courses
Niagara begins here, and our encyclopedic Niagara Parks Heritage team can take you back in time to show you just how historically true this is. Learn more about our First Nations history, the blazing battles of the War of 1812, or our role as a last stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Stop into the Mackenzie Printery to see Canada’s oldest printing press, The Roy Press, which printed Upper Canada’s first newspaper and the Emancipation Act of 1793
- Step back in time at Old Fort Erie, a War of 1812 National Historic Site and Canada’s bloodiest battlefield
- Visit the restored homestead of Canadian heroine, Laura Secord, and hike all or a portion of her legendary 32 kilometre trek on the Laura Secord Legacy Trail
- Take part in the Siege of Old Fort Erie, the largest re-enactment in Canada
- Enjoy traditional Afternoon Tea inside McFarland House, one of the oldest structures in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Visit the two locust trees outside of the Mackenzie Printery that were planted by William Lyon Mackenzie in 1824 to commemorate the first printing of the Colonial Advocate, a weekly political journal published in Upper Canada during the 1820s and 1830s.
Nature and Gardens
Escape to our sprawling parkland, manicured gardens, or peaceful Butterfly Conservatory with Niagara Parks Nature and Gardens. Discover world-famous rose collections, spectacular flowering trees and shrubs, and annual baskets in full bloom. Explore historic Queen Victoria Park and the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens, meet our naturalists for a hike through the Niagara Glen, or cycle along the 53 kilometre Niagara River Recreation Trail.
Nature and Gardens Experiences:
- Tag and release Monarch Butterflies during our annual Majestic Monarchs event
- Explore rugged trails or take part in guided tours through the Niagara Glen
- Enjoy 99 acres of manicured grounds at Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Bee Hotel inside the Legacy Prairie Garden or the pollinator gardens located along the Niagara Parkway
- See the new re-purposed art installation, Life on Display, at the Floral Showhouse
- Cycle between two Great Lakes on the Niagara River Recreational Trail