Thank you for your interest in the Niagara Parks School of Horticulture. We are delighted that you are considering our Diploma in Horticulture as part of your pathway in achieving your educational and career goals. Please carefully review the information on this page which is provided to assist you in the selection process of students for our program.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent including relevant transcripts where a minimum achievement level of 60% at the (U) level or 70% at the (C) has been demonstrated by the student in the following pre-requisite secondary school courses. This also includes recognized secondary school systems from other jurisdictions:
- English – any Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Math – any Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Chemistry – Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Biology – Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Submission of Post-Secondary Transcripts if applicable. Please include post-secondary transcripts if they apply to your individual situation.
- Submission of a resume and letters of reference from time spent in the Horticultural or like industry.
- After the above information is reviewed. Potential students will be invited to interview with the School’s Enrolment and Selection Committee. After which the students selected for the program will be notified.
|Item||Submit to||Due Date|
|Official Transcript(s)||Submit request for Official Electronic Transcript(s) on the OCAS website. If transcripts are from a recognized jurisdiction/school outside Ontario, email to email@example.com||See Deadlines|
|Resumé and Industry Reference||Please mail resumé and letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.||See Deadlines|
|Interview with the Selection Committee||Student who progresses to the interview stage will be contacted where an interview time will be arranged.||See Deadlines|
|Start Date||OCAS Application||Transcripts and References||Scheduled Interviews|
|September 2022||As per OCAS dates||Resumé Required||January|
For the September 2022 start date, applications are received and considered for any remaining positions (seats) in the program. Revised dates will be established with the applicant for receiving documents and scheduling interviews, if applicable.
Prospective students who applied on or before the dates indicated in the above chart and are deemed by the selection committee to qualify for admission after their interview will receive an offer.
Students must have access to a laptop computer that meets Niagara Parks School of Horticulture program-specific requirements. In general, students are responsible for ensuring that they have a Microsoft Windows 10 based laptop system that meets or exceeds the following general personal computer technology requirements:
- Laptop system running on an updated Microsoft Windows 10 operating system – Minimum 265GB SSD storage and 8 GB memory.
- An integrated or peripheral video camera, microphone, and speaker system capable of accessing Wi-Fi for remote learning circumstances.
- Reliable internet connectivity with broadband capabilities (a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps).
- Academic software for your courses (supported under the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system), will be needed for the design stream of the program as well as practical projects.
- Note: Mac’s operating systems are not compatible with the programs software.
- Google Chrome is the preferred web browser as each student will be issued a npcschoolofhorticulture.com email – which is a Gmail account. This allows access to the Google suite apps and storage on your personal Google Drive.
- Black Board is our LMS (learning management system) where course content and program resources will be available for your use.
- January 4: First Day of Classes – Winter Semester
- January 4: Winter Tuition payment due.
- January 4: Winter electives Commence.
- February 21: Family Day
- February 22 – 25: Reading Week
- March TBD: NCLC
- April 8: Last Day of Classes – Winter Semester
- April 11 – 14: Exam Week – Winter Semester
- April 15: Good Friday
- April 18: Easter Monday
- April 19: First Day of Classes – Summer Semester
- April 19: Summer Tuition payment due
- May TBD: Skills Ontario
- May 23: Victoria Day
- July 1: Canada Day
- August 1: Civic Holiday
- August 2: Residence Move Out
- August 2 – 5: Vacation Week Year 1& 2
- August 15 – 26: Year 2 Study Tour
- September 1: Last day of the Summer semester and the 2021/22 Academic Year
Admissions, The Niagara Parks School of Horticulture
P.O. BOX 150
Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 6T2