Applications are currently being considered for any remaining seats available for the September 2021 semester. Revised dues dates will be established with applicants for document submission and interviews, if applicable. Successful applicants will receive offers of admission in early May.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent.
- Relevant transcripts where a minimum achievement level of 60% at the (U) level or 70% at the (C) has been demonstrated in the following pre-requisite secondary school courses:
- English: any Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Math: any Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Chemistry: Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Biology: Grade 12 (C) or (U) level or the equivalent.
- Resumé and two letters of reference.
- Interview with the Enrolment and Selection Committee.
Canadian Applicants (from outside of Ontario)
Applicants whose secondary school studies have been completed outside the Province of Ontario are required to submit evidence of equivalent standing.
International Students (from outside of Canada
The Niagara Parks School of Horticulture is not currently accepting international students at this time. For inquiries, contact (905) 356-8554 x6201 or visit our contact page.
Admissions Requirements Checklist
|Official Transcript(s)||Official transcript requests must be submitted during the application process as advised at ontariocolleges.ca.||April 1, 2021|
|Resumé and Letters of Reference||Please mail resumé and letters of reference as advised at ontariocolleges.ca.||April 1, 2021|
|Interview with the Selection Committee||Applicants that progress to the interview stage will be contacted to schedule an interview date and time.||Late April|
The following are the minimal technical requirements identified by the Niagara Parks School of Horticulture:
- Standard laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS X, including 265 GB SSD storage and 8 GB memory
- An integrated or peripheral video camera, microphone and speaker system capable of accessing Wi-Fi for remote learning circumstances
- Reliable internet connectivity with broadband capabilities, including a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps
- Google Chrome browser
- July 1, 2021: Last day to submit $400 deposit (first-year students only)
- September 2-3, 2021: Move-in days for students in residence
- September 7, 2021: Fall semester begins, orientation for first-year students
- September 21, 2021: Tuition payment due
- December 3, 2021: Fall semester ends
- December 6–10, 2021: Exam week
- December 13, 2021: Winter break begins
- January 4, 2022: Winter semester begins, tuition payment due
- February 22–25, 2022: Reading week
- April 8, 2022: Winter semester ends
- April 11–14, 2022: Exam week
- April 19, 2022: Summer semester begins, tuition payment due
- August 2, 2022: Move-out day for students in residence
- August 2–5, 2022: Vacation week (year 1 and 2 only)
- September 1, 2022: Summer semester ends
Admissions, The Niagara Parks School of Horticulture
P.O. BOX 150
Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 6T2
905-356-8554 ext. 6201