The Niagara Parks Commission is responsible for the maintenance of 1,325 hectares of parkland, stretching some 56 kilometres along the length of the Niagara River (Canadian side) from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario.
Due to the increasing number of homes which had been developed adjacent to NPC lands along the Niagara River, a formal dock policy was established by the Commission in 1941. A key condition of this policy stipulates that any and all docks approved by NPC must be designed to be temporary in nature and be removed prior to winter, to prevent possible ice related damage to both the docks and NPC shoreline.
Today, docks are still permitted through an annual Shoreline Dock Licence process. Dock licences are awarded based on the criteria of the Shoreline Dock Terms and Conditions guidelines.
If you live along the Niagara Parkway and would like more information about docks and how to obtain a licence, please submit an email to email@example.com.
To be added to the wait list for a dock licence, please fill in this short form:
Shoreline Dock Fee Schedule
Please note that these are fees for 2016 and that fees are subject to applicable taxes and an annual increase determined by the NPC, in its sole discretion.
Shoreline Dock Licence Fee | $214
Stairs Fee | $107
First time Shoreline Dock Administrative Setup Fee | $214
Additional Boats (per boat) | $107
Commercial or Municipal Shoreline Docks | As determined by Commission
Shoreline Dock Restricted Areas
- North of Smuggler’s Cove Boat Club | Area of Natural and Scientific Interest
- McFarland Park Area | Area of Natural and Scientific Interest
- Brown’s Point Area | Area of Natural and Scientific Interest
- Deep Hollow Area and south | Area of Natural and Scientific Interest
City of Niagara Falls
- Between Village of Queenston and North Service Road 30 | Dangerous Waters
Town of Fort Erie
- Within 400 metres (1300 ft.) of the Niagara Parks Marina | Marina Area
- Between Phipps Street and Lewis Street | Parkland
- From a point 300 metres south of Wintemute Street to the south-westerly jurisdiction (between house number 520 Lakeshore Road) | Bird Sanctuary and Parkland