Battle of Chippawa
The Battle of Chippawa, fought on July 5th 1814, was the opening engagement of the Niagara campaign of 1814, the longest and bloodiest military operation of the War of 1812.
Niagara Parks acquired the site of the Battle of Chippawa in 1995 and has preserved 121 hectares (300 acres) of this pristine battlefield, the last remaining site from the War of 1812. A self-guided walking tour helps retrace the events of the battle.
- Approximate Duration
- Free Parking
- Self-guided Tour