Transportation in Niagara Parks
WEGO buses are fully equipped to ensure persons with disabilities are able to travel independently throughout our service area. We’ve even won an award for it!
These features include:
- Kneeling Buses: the buses can lower to the ground to ensure the entrance ramp is at a shallow pitch, making it easier for travelers to enter and exit the bus.
- Two Securement Positions: to accommodate persons requiring tie downs for mobility devices.
- Next Stop Announcements: audio and visual notices of the next bus stop along the routes.
- Accessible Stop Request Buttons: conveniently located stop request buttons enable those with physical limitations to simply push a button instead of reaching for a cord.
- Wide Doors and Aisles: allow greater maneuverability for individuals using mobility devices.
- Enhanced Lighting: on the exterior and interior of the buses helps persons with visual challenges to navigate safely.
- Destination Signs: large, highly contrasting destination signs on the front of the buses allow for easier recognition of the desired route.
- Courtesy Seating: each WEGO vehicle has designated courtesy seating areas for people with disabilities. Each courtesy seating area is clearly marked with signage.
Convenient parking is available at all of our popular attractions and restaurants. Parking is free at some Niagara Parks venues, such as the Whirlpool Aero Car. If you are a visitor using an Accessible Parking Permit, retain your parking receipt when you pay to park at any parking lot owned by Niagara Parks and you can re-park on the same day for no charge at any other Niagara Parks paid parking lot.