Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens
Proud member of
Niagara Parks' Botanical Gardens is located on the scenic Niagara Parkway and the Great Gorge, just a 10 minute drive north of the Niagara Falls. This beautiful garden setting is home to the Butterfly Conservatory and serves as the unique outdoor classroom for students attending the Niagara Parks School of Horticulture.
- Established in 1936, you'll enjoy 40 hectares (99 acres) of beautifully maintained gardens.
- Enjoy our perennials, rhododendrons, azaleas, formal parterre garden, shade, herb and vegetable plantings, as well as our world-famous rose garden featuring over 2,400 roses.
- Winner of the 2007 AccessibleNiagara.com 'Breaking the Barrier' Award, the Gardens are fully accessible.
Admission to the Botanical Gardens is FREE! Please Note: Parking is $5.00. Local residents may purchase an annual pass for a one-time fee of $10.00.
April 20, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 pm.
Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Conservatory Classroom
“Capture the Moment” Photography Workshop with Teresa Forte
The Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens is pleased to host a special photography workshop, directed by garden photographer Theresa Forte. Packed with practical advice for both novice and experienced camera enthusiasts, this hands-on workshop will encourage you to ‘see’ interesting compositions and take better pictures with the camera you already have.
The workshop will teach the basic mechanics of good photography, different aspects of lighting and train participants to “think like an artist” no matter what type of camera they use. Illustrated with images from some of North America’s top public and private gardens, Forte’s light-hearted approach will inspire you to create pictures you’ll be proud to show off. Outdoor clothing/footwear is required, and participants are encouraged to bring their own bagged lunch and refillable water bottles. Whether you own a Digital SLR or just a smartphone camera, you do not want to miss this event. Click for more information
Pre-registration is required: Click to download Registration Form
• In person at the Niagara Parks School of Horticulture;
• By mail: 2565 Niagara Parkway, Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 6S4.
• Phone (905) 356-8554 ext. 242
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Horse & Carriage Tours
Guided horse and carriage tours of the gardens are available daily during the summer months. Tours run from May to mid October from 10 am - 5 pm, $18.50 per person. Tours are operated by Sentineal Carriages. Learn more about special wedding services.