White Water Walk
Take a walk like no other, along a boardwalk at the very edge of one of the world's wildest stretches of whitewater! Marvel at the relentless power and beauty of nature, and see how the deep and narrow Great Gorge was created. Trillions of gallons of water are forced into this accelerating trough--the sight will take your breath away!
- Ride an elevator down 70 meters, then walk along a 73 meter tunnel to the boardwalk--305 metres (1,000 feet or ¼ mile) with stairs that lead to two observation areas at the edge of the river.
- As the water travels through the Whirlpool Rapids at White Water Walk, it is traveling at about 48 km/hr or 30 mph, creating the Class 6 Whirlpool Rapids.
- The Whirlpool Rapids consist of four kilometers of three to five metre standing waves, making this stretch of whitewater the largest/finest series of standing waves in North America.
- This site also provides visitors with an excellent view of the 410-million-year-old rock layers of the Niagara Gorge.
- The Whirlpool Aero Car offers visitors the only opportunity to look directly into the eye of this gigantic whirlpool.
$10.95 Adults (13+ years), $7.00 Children (6 to 12 years). Children 5 and under are FREE! Free parking is also available when visiting the attraction. Save over 30% with the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass!