Become a Volunteer with Niagara Parks
Join Niagara parks and our volunteer team to support year-round volunteer opportunities to many of the world class events that take place at Niagara Parks. Together we will build successful festivals and events for our visitors.
Volunteers are the Ambassadors of Niagara Parks who put their heart and soul into making the Niagara Parks experience memorable. We couldn’t do it without you!
Our mandate is to preserve and promote the natural and cultural heritage along the Niagara River corridor. Niagara Parks is also committed to delivering commercially successful products in a way that ensures beneﬁts for everyone.
New Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Meet and Greet Ambassadors for festival and events hosted at Niagara Parks
- Assisting with Event Set - up & Tear Down
- Donation Ambassadors (i.e. Winter Festival of Lights)
- Green Team Stewards: Promoting Niagara Parks Recycling and Organics mandates at various events
- Tree Planting, Clean sweep of the Niagara Glen and Park
- Creative support for events (Santa and Elves etc)
- Administration support preparing packages
Volunteer Appreciation Program
Niagara Parks is pleased to be able to continue to provide a robust appreciation program in return for your time volunteering. We recognize the importance of our volunteers and are happy to have you be part of our program:
- Minimum of 25 Hours Receive a Niagara Parks Swag (such as a Hoodie)
- 70+ Hours Bring a guest to the Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Volunteer during Christmas Holidays Your name will be entered to win a prize
- Any Shift 6+ Hours A meal or voucher for a meal will be given* (MEAL VOUCHER IS VALID ONLY FOR DATE OF ISSUE)
- Any Shift Less Than 5 hours A beverage and snacks will be provided*
- Minimum 25 Hours Invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Event, where awards will be given out Minimum 30 Hours
- Receive complimentary or greatly reduced rates through the Attraction Ontario Reciprocal Program.
- Minimum of 40 Hours Receive a Festival winter jacket MUST BE A DUFFERIN ISLAND AMBASSADOR
*DUE TO LOGISTICS THERE MAY BE SOME EVENTS WHERE MEALS, SNACKS MAY NOT BE PROVIDED. SOME CONDITIONS APPLY.
- All positions will proceed despite the weather (unless canceled for safety reasons).
- Volunteers are encouraged to dress for the weather conditions and wear proper footwear. (Majority will be outdoors)
- Volunteers must be 15 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- Niagara Parks is not responsible for transportation. Volunteers should have a valid driver’s license and/or must be able to provide their own transportation to and from their designated posting.
- Some locations, such as Dufferin Islands, do not have washrooms on site, you must be prepared to drive to a public washroom should you need access to a facility.
- Volunteers should park only in designated parking spots as directed.
- Job specific training will be provided prior to the start of the event.
- Be flexible. Things can change in an instant when you are dealing with a large event such as the Winter Festival of Lights.
- Be prepared for a surprise change in the weather, remember most of our events occur during the winter months.
- Be sure to wear comfortable footwear, and layers of warm clothing.
- Eat a good meal before your shift.
- Although we do try to supply beverages and snacks for our volunteers, we may not be able to do so at every event or able to get to you when you need it most.
- Volunteer shifts are set for approximately 4 hours. Drinks will be provided, but you may wish to bring your own bag lunch.
- Know your responsibilities, do not be afraid to clarify it with your Team Leader or the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Volunteers shall make every effort to complete all duties assigned.
- Please do not sign up for shifts that you cannot complete.
- Volunteers unable to make their shift should contact Niagara Parks at least 6 hours before the shift start time.
- Please be present for your risk management meetings prior to each event.
- Remember to smile.
- All media is to be directed to Niagara Parks.
Health & Safety Priorities
- Report any unsafe conditions.
- All injuries to be reported to staff and incident report to be filled out.
- No drug or alcohol use while volunteering.
- The volunteer coordinator or team leaders will schedule break times.
- Volunteers must wear a Niagara Parks provided ID badge for every shift.
Zero Tolerance for Harassment
- Comply with all directives given by Niagara Parks teams leaders.
- Nothing shall be said or done to intentionally embarrass Niagara Parks or it’s employees.
- ALL volunteers must treat everyone with respect and courtesy