- Niagara Parks announces plans to continue its phased reopening with many of its sites and attractions preparing to welcome visitors on June 18th
- Additional phased openings will occur through the summer in accordance with the provincial Roadmap to Reopen
Niagara Falls, ON – Niagara Parks will continue with a phased reopening of its public facing operations on June 18th, as Ontario enters Step One of the provincial Roadmap to Reopen.
Currently, Niagara Parks’ green spaces are open for public access along with its golf courses which have seen tremendous play. The Whirlpool Adventure Course operated by WildPlay Niagara is also currently open and will be joined by the Zipline to the Falls which will begin operations on June 11th.
Beginning on June 18th, Niagara Parks will open many of its sites, attractions and retail locations, including Journey Behind the Falls and White Water Walk, along with its flagship visitor location Table Rock Centre, at the brink of the iconic Horseshoe Falls. Additional sites and experiences will continue to be added in accordance with the permitted guidelines for each step of the Roadmap to Reopen.
Planned Reopening Timeline
June 11, 2021
- TaylorMade Performance Centre at Legends (Outdoor fittings, by appointment)
- Legends Golf Academy (Outdoor private lessons, by appointment)
June 18, 2021
- Table Rock Centre (Welcome Centre, Table Rock Market, Table Rock Shop)
- Journey Behind the Falls
- White Water Walk
- Queen Victoria Place Retail
- Riverview Patio and Tim Hortons at Queen Victoria Place
- Niagara Glen Nature Centre
- Table Rock Patio (June 19)
July 1, 2021
- Whirlpool Aero Car
- Falls Incline Railway
- Grand View Marketplace (ice cream, food carts, pop-up retail)
- Murray Hill Welcome Centre
- Queen Victoria Place Restaurant (patio)
- Grand View Welcome Centre (dependent on opening of boat cruise)
- Grand View Restaurant (dependent on opening of boat cruise)
- Grand View Retail (dependent on opening of boat cruise)
- Niagara City Cruises by Hornblower
- Zipline to the Falls (WildPlay Niagara)
July 2, 2021
- Old Fort Erie (outdoor tours)
- Laura Secord Homestead (outdoor garden tours)
July 23, 2021
- Table Rock House Restaurant
- Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory
- Butterfly Café
- TaylorMade Fitting Centre (Indoor)
- WEGO Green Line
Niagara Parks Power Station
Niagara Parks’ newest landmark attraction, the Niagara Parks Power Station, will officially open its doors on July 30th offering daytime guided and self-guided tours daily through August 15th. The station will then be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through the remainder of August for the daytime experience. The immersive sight and sound night show “Currents: Niagara’s Power Transformed” will open on September 3rd with the attraction planned to operate daily from that date forward.
Visitor Safety and Ticket Availability
To ensure appropriate physical distancing, Niagara Parks has significantly reduced visitor capacities across all of its sites and attractions in accordance with the Roadmap to Reopen framework. In order to best service guests and effectively manage capacities, time-ticketed attraction tickets are currently available for on-site, à la carte purchase only.
Niagara Parks continues to make the safety of its guests and staff the first consideration in all operational decisions. As a recipient of the Safe Travels Stamp from the World Travel & Tourism Council, Niagara Parks is committed to providing the safest environment possible for all visitors. Additional information on Niagara Parks response to COVID-19 are available at niagaraparks.com/safety.
Media assets are available here.